You may have received a message in inbox containing your profile picture and name as a link sent by one of your Facebook friends. Don’t ever click on it. It is a malware spreading over Facebook.
If you click on the pictures (in fact that link) it will hang your browser for a while and send the same kind message to all of your friends or may be few and the chain of spreading this malware will continue.
If you are already a victim and want to know How to fix it? follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Put a status on your Facebook wall immediately informing your friends that your account may be compromised by a malware, if they receive any inbox message with a video title “Please do not click on it”
- Change your FB password right away.
- Clear your cache, browser history.
- Log out of Facebook, run full PC scan using any good Antivirus. This may take longer than expected but rest assured, Antivirus will remove any unwanted exe or malware from your Computer.
- Antivirus sometimes overlooks add-ons in your browser. Make sure you check browser add-ons. Disable any you find suspicious.
ESET online Scanner is recommended to check for malware online and fix them and it is completely free.
As a security measure whenever you receive suspicious message even from your friend don’t click on it.